Industry News Accounts You Should Be Following on Twitter
This is an updated version of a blog that ran in 2015.
One part of my role as AAMA’s Communications Coordinator is to monitor a range of industry news sites for information that may be worth sharing with our members. I do this by subscribing to a number of industry newsletters, signing up for Google Alerts for key terms and checking out their websites regularly. And luckily, most of those sites have excellent, frequently updated Twitter accounts, too. I follow several industry news accounts on Twitter so I can scan AAMA’s Twitter feed with ease to see what’s new.
Here are five residentially-focused industry news Twitter accounts I love, and five commercially-geared ones. If you’re interested in keeping up to date, I recommend you follow them, too.
- @WindowDoorMag: This account for Window & Door magazine serves the entire fenestration industry, including manufacturers, distributors and dealers.
- @DWMmag: Door & Window Market (DWM) magazine is a publication for manufacturers, dealers and distributors in the door, window, mouldings and millwork market.
- @RetrofitMag: Retrofit is a magazine for building owners, managers and professionals interested in renovation of commercial buildings and systems.
- @RemodelingMag: Remodeling magazine is a leading business-to-business publication for residential remodelers.
- @ProBuilderMag: Founded in 1936, Professional Builder magazine is read each month by 112,000 home builders, design professionals and other industry stakeholders.
- @glassonweb: This account shares news, articles, products, companies, classifieds, discussions and more from the flat glass industry.
- @SpecifierMagCSI: A peer-reviewed U.S. magazine for design/construction professionals selecting building materials, The Construction Specifier is the official publication of CSI.
- @GlassMag: Glass Magazine serves primary glass manufacturers, glazing contractors, retailers, fabricators and architects.
- @ArchitectMag: This is the account for the journal of the American Institute of Architects. They have a very large following and tweet often.
- @USGlass: This magazine provides information for architectural glass industry leaders.
Take a look at these accounts and the kinds of things they tweet about. If their posts are of interest and value to you, follow them. Maybe they’ll follow you back, and share your news, too.
While you’re scrolling Twitter, don’t forget to follow us! We’re on Twitter @AAMAinfo, and we want to hear from you. We share member news, milestones, updated AAMA documents and more. We even live-tweet our #AAMAwebinar sessions and our #AAMAconf presentations from in-person events.
What other industry-related accounts do you follow? Tweet at us to let us know!