- New FGIA Conference Participants
New FGIA Conference Participants
Tips and General Information
Whether attending your first FGIA conference or your third, we want to ensure that your time is well spent, and you are able to make the most of the networking, educational and committee opportunities at the event. Information related to both in-person and virtual conferences is provided below.
However, feel free to reach out to me directly at adickson@FGIAonline.org with any questions you may have.
- Angela Dickson, FGIA Marketing and Communications Director
Three Conferences (each year)
- Annual – February
- Summer – June
- Fall – September or October
- FGIA members may use the event hashtag (#FGIAconf) during conferences to post interesting information from presenters or share photos of activities with fellow participants.
- Staff also live tweets from presentations, which is another way for conference participants (and those unable to attend) to stay engaged.
- Meetings and receptions during the conference are business casual
- Special events are typically casual, depending upon the activity and location for in-person conferences
- Awards Banquets are business attire, jacket is preferred
- Conference participants are encouraged to meet new industry representatives and connect with existing contacts during:
- Happy hours (exclusive to virtual events)
- Breakfasts and lunches
- Conference Café
- Banquets and special events
- Optional events (typically scheduled on Monday)
- During virtual events, happy hours are hosted via Zoom at the end of the day on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Participants may choose from a mix of topics – marketing, technical, certification, education and just plain fun – to connect with others at the event, relay shared experiences or learn from your peers.
- Most networking events are included in the conference registration fee.
- Tickets issued (when applicable) for special in-person events must be presented at the time of the event in order to gain admittance.
- At Annual Conferences, the Awards Banquet is included in the registration fee.
- To attend, sign up for a reserved table by visiting the FGIA registration desk at the beginning of the conference.
- Seats are available on a first come, first served basis.