- FGIA Education Programs
- Preventing Insulating Glass (IG) Failures
Preventing Insulating Glass (IG) Failures
For several years, IGMA has sponsored a program for Insulating Glass (IG) manufacturers to increase the quality of IG units in the field. FGIA will continue to provide this educational program which includes presentations on the following:
- Insulating Glass Unit Design
- Glass Receiving, Cutting and Washing
- Rigid Spacers, Muntins and Grids, and Flexible Spacer Systems
- Desiccants and Desiccated Matrix
- Gas Filling
- Glass and Breakage
- Product Certification
- Glass Performance for Energy Efficient Fenestration
- Glazing Guidelines for Commercial and Residential IGUs
- Handling Glass Safely
- Forensic Investigations of IGU Failures
Through August, FGIA will be offering a 50 percent discount to all in the industry, regardless of FGIA member status. This discount is being offered to provide support for those interested in seeking professional development during the pandemic.
The following videos are available for free to preview this educational program.
Program Introduction, Evaluation and Overview
This presentation gives a broad overview of the Preventing IG Failures Program, discussing the various items that will be presented in the full program.
Product Certification to the ASTM E 2190 Standard
This presentation discusses product certification to the ASTM E 2190 and strategies for achieving certification, as well as a look at the certification process and development.
Handling Glass Safely
This presentation discusses glass safety, illustrating the use of personal protection equipment and how injuries in the workplace could have been avoided.