Unless required or permitted by applicable law, we will not share, rent or sell a contact or member's (the “user”) information, without such user's prior authorization. When we do disclose information to third parties, we will seek reasonable assurances from them that they will maintain the confidentiality of the collected information and treat it in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Our Security Protection
We employ safeguards and practices designed to preserve the confidentiality of our users' collected information by protecting against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of such data. Security measures may include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and physical security measures. We restrict access to our members' personal information to those employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Access to Other Websites from Our Website
During your visit to our website, you may have the opportunity to link to other websites. Please be aware that we do not have any access, control, input or authorization over any of the materials or content contained at these linked websites. Additionally, we are not liable or responsible for the privacy practices, content or policies of any of these other websites.
What Information Is Collected Through Our Website
There are two types of information collection through this site - active and passive. Active collection usually involves information that you enter about yourself, including:
- Site forms such as our “Contact Us” form or our online membership applications
- Certification and education request for information forms
- Information, comments and opinions entered by you as part of your participation in our committee and task group ballots and surveys
- Information provided during checkout in our Online Store
- Your selection and use of a password in our “Members Only” section
Passive information collection involves the use of tracking technology, such as “cookies,” that harvest information such as IP addresses or surfing behavior. Our use of “cookies” and other tracking technology is discussed in greater detail below.
What We Do with Information You Provide to Us via Our Website
If you choose to share any information about yourself with us, please be informed that we may:
- Use the information to deliver a service or product to you, provide you with requested information or materials or respond to your questions.
- Use the information to provide notices of our services and products to you or for other marketing purposes (like cross-selling or list sharing).
- Disclose your personal information to other companies that help us provide services to you or correspond with you. For example, we may provide your personal information to a service provider to verify the validity or credit limit of your credit card. When we disclose information to third parties, we seek reasonable assurances from them that they will maintain the confidentiality of the collected information and treat it in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- Disclose or report information you have provided us, including personal information, when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required or permitted: (a) under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities or to resolve consumer disputes; (b) to enforce the Terms and Conditions for this website, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (d) to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of AAMA, our users or the public.
What We Do with Email
Your comments are important to us, and we welcome them. We will share any comments and questions you send to us via email with our authorized employees or those associates of ours most capable of addressing your questions or concerns. Please note that we do not broadcast “spam” or unsolicited junk mail to any member or other person.
What We Want You to Know About Sending Email to Us
You should be aware that, when submitting email to us (and others), it is possible that other Internet users may, without permission and/or notice, be able to view your email correspondence. If you wish to ensure that your communication is kept private and confidential, please call or write directly to us using the contact information on this website.
Other Information and “Cookies”
Like most commercial website owners, we may also use what is known as “cookie” technology. A “cookie” is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve users when they return to the site. The cookie does not extract other personal information about a user, such as the user's name or address. Most browsers provide a simple procedure that will enable you to control whether you want to receive cookies by notifying you when a website is about to deposit a cookie file.
Our Privacy Statement Changes
We reserve the right to amend or revise this Privacy Statement at any time and from time to time without notice. In the event that this occurs, the revised information will be posted on our website. This Privacy Statement is not intended to, and does not, create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any visitor to this website.
If you have any concerns or questions about this Policy, please contact AAMA.